The company is the leader in Companion Animal Diagnostics Worldwide, and is rapidly growing its business both Worldwide and in Japan.
You are the technical, medical liaison expert aligned with the commercial marketing team, and liaison between the company and the veterinary community.
Proactively supports the company’s current and future in-clinic diagnostic instruments and products, reference laboratory offerings and the company Diagnostic Advantage by presenting medical subjects to a variety of internal and external audiences and cultivating relationships with thought leaders, universities and key customers.
Performs other duties as assigned. Adheres to and models the company Purpose & Guiding Principles.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides technical, medical support internally and externally by performing one or more of the following.
o Provide medical advice and clinical insight to the CAG (Companion Animal Group) Marketing team and potential sales force trainers.
o Develop and give lectures and seminars on topics related to in-clinic instrumentation, reference laboratory offerings and the Company Diagnostic Advantage.
o Travel with sales force and distributors to provide medical education (local seminars).
o Develop, deliver and arrange education programs at key meetings including exhibitions and trade shows.
o Establish and maintain working relationships with key veterinary opinion leaders (KOL) both internally within the Company Global Medical Affairs group and externally with local KOLs in different associated groups, in clinical and academic practice including universities.
o Lead/ manage clinical/ product trials and KOL studies to help establish medically relevant and commercially useful trials for the Company products and services. Facilitate study design, implementation, tracking, and communications. Assist with data analysis and manuscript.
o Create and/or lead the creation of peer-reviewed publications, case studies and educational tools used by the customer facing organization including professional service veterinarians (PSVs) and field service reps (FSRs).
o Assist/ responsible for/ oversee KOL studies and related expense budgets.
o Provide veterinary backup for technical service team and/or sales professionals. This may include calling customers to answer questions/concerns and/or providing sales professionals with information or directing them to the appropriate company resource.
· Provide tactical and/or strategic marketing support by performing one or more of the following.
o Lead and drive the medical education strategy.
o Provide clinical insight on the medical message of our products/ services to help drive the strategy and tactics for our market and future diagnostic products.
o Support the medical message of our products/ services including writing technical articles and reviewing promotional materials.
o Support our Sales Training Department and our reference laboratory organization by creating written materials, presentations, and conducting training sessions as appropriate.
o Provide medical and market input on marketing and sales materials.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· DVM degree.
· Board certification or advanced training preferred.
· Work experience at a small animal private practice and/or university clinic is preferable
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Fluent in Japanese and English.
· A team player.
· In-depth veterinary medicine knowledge expertise including knowledge of diagnostic testing, current treatment recommendations/options, monitoring protocols and clinical pathology (training, experience, publications, professional accreditation, etc).
· Strong, persuasive, communications skills both verbal (includes presentation skills) and written (correspondence, internal/published technical pieces)
· Excellent interpersonal skills & ability to convince/motivate a wide range of personalities (eg practitioners, academics, sales people, etc)
· Strategic thinker with the ability to partner with the company business leads to help design successful marketing plans and tactics
· Organizational skills - time management, multi-tasking, and coordinating others.
· High level of self-motivation – ability to work under minimal supervision.
· Proficient in MS Office.
· Up to 25% travel within Japan
· May need to travel to other countries such as Netherlands and USA.