The company is a TOP global Medical Device company specialized in fields such as Oncology, Cardiology, Respiratory Care and more.
The branch in Japan has been enjoying a two digit growth year on year and had a record year in 2017.
You will be responsible for the whole Vital Care Product line and report directly to Global.
The role has scope for future promotion as a career path, and several chances of interaction with the global team.
Integrates the functional organization in the development of the market and product requirements for specific portfolio of products and services in accordance with the Company’s strategic plans and objectives. Manages a product portfolio by working with the Senior Sales and Marketing management teams within Smiths Medical’s affiliate and distributor groups to establish and support product portfolio strategies, business plans and key initiatives.
- Marketing Leads
- Identify Market Trends, Key Thought Leaders and Key Market Drivers
- Develop Product Portfolio Strategies
- Support all New Product Introductions (MPI) activities
- Interface with Regional Marekting Teams
- Departmental Budgets
- Health & Safety
- Quality Management Systems
This position is required to assure compliance of Company operations to all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures (including knowledge of all standards, government occupational health and environmental regulations and statutes related to the site).
Engage others, promote, and participate in Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives, focusing on continuous improvement.
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- University Degree (BA degree) required
- Degree in science, engineering, marketing or business required.
- Experience managing and working with cross functional product development, marketing and sales teams on a multi-national basis essential.
- Expert knowledge of company products.
- Proven track record of working in product management.
- Sales experience in the health care industry an advantage.
- Strong organizational skills
- Possess a strong customer focus with the ability to manage multiple projects under deadline constraints.
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage projects and budget while working with team members that are both geographically and culturally diverse.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload
Planning and Decision Making:
- Interfaces with Sales Teams to Assess:
- Financial Budget Development
- Pricing Strategies including reimbursements
- Prepares and monitors departmental budget.
Impact and Scope:
- This position has access to confidential information such as product complaints, lawsuits related to products, and company strategies.
- Lack of management skills and abilities that produce erroneous decisions or recommendations could result in failure to achieve goals critical to the major objectives of the company.
- Errors could seriously affect the financial, employee and/or public relations posture of the company.
- Defective strategy, poor selection, missed deadlines, under/over budgeting can all lead to lost sales and reduced company profits.
- Failure to react on a timely basis to changing market conditions could result in lost sales and misappropriation of revenues.
Key Internal and External Relationships:
- Will interface with all levels of company structure as well as representatives of outside agencies or companies.